Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Are Tattoos Really So Tacky?

Hey World,
Just wanted to bring attention to a celebitchy blogpost about Victoria Beckham and Katie Holmes. Celebitchy was responding to a star magazine report as to why Victoria and Katie haven't been hanging out as much as before. Allegedly it is because Victoria had encouraged to get Katie a tattoo, but Katie refused, saying that tattoos are "tacky." Celebitchy criticized Katie for this by bashing her fashion sense, but I can see where she is coming from. I think that tattoos can look "trashy," especially when people: 1. have a lot of them all over their bodies and 2. are old people. And oh yeah, I have more of a thing against girls who wear tattoos. I can't stand seeing stars like Keyshia Cole, Amy Winehouse, or Eve wearing nice dresses but they're tatted up all over. In this way, the tattoos are distracting and gross. I don't mind if the tattoos are unique ones and are small and discreet, like Victoria Beckham's, but otherwise, I'm usually not a tattoo person. I just think that if I got a tattoo, I would end up regretting it later because I am fickle. I don't want to be 80 and have tattoos from when I was 25. And don't even get me started on if you work in a conservative, workplace environment or are looking for a job. I don't care what anyone says. When I see someone with a tattoo, I look at them differently. I mean, why would you want to mess up your skin on purpose? Some people have the nicest, clearest skin, yet they want to mark it up with tattoos. If Katie really said that, then I co-sign with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina!

Great post! The ever present debate of tattoos is certainly an interesting one. I agree that tattoos can be tacky- usually if you get a tattoo for the sake of getting one. But if you spend time thinking about it and it has personal meaning, then they can look nice!

I realise you haven't updated here in quite a while now, but perhaps I could persuade you to give your blog a second life on Glipho? We're a new social blogging site, and are currently building a community of strong, creative writers. Your blog would be perfect! It's pretty easy to import any old posts over too. If you're interested, check us out at http://glipho.com!

Thanks for your time Katrina, and I hope you come back to blogging soon!

All the best,

Teo